Sunday, February 20, 2011

Blog Assignment # 5

podcating in the classroom
Podcasting In the Classroom

     I think this video shows many examples of why podcasting is beneficial in the classroom. I love the idea of parents being able to see what is going on in their children's classrooms. I also think that is is a very good tool to use for someone who may be sick and needs to study at home. Podcasting allows a student who may have missed a class to still learn and to do it from the convenience of their home. I would love to use podcasting in my classroom one day and plan on doing so. I believe it is a great tool to use and should be used in our classrooms

Eagle Nest Radio & Class Blog

     I really enjoyed these 3rd graders podcasts. I always thought that podcast were for older students and not lower grades. I now see even the young can do podcasts and it is a great learning tool for them to learn. I really think podcasts help students be more creative and it keeps them more interested in learning because it is fun and is a new way of learning. I listened to the podcast about the ancient Romans. I would have loved to have been able to use this technology when I was attending school.
     I also liked hearing these students interacting and collaborating with one another while doing these podcasts. I think it teaches students to work together and learn together instead of just trying to learn alone. I hope more teachers in the future will allow their classrooms to do podcasts and use this wonderful learning instrument.

100 Ways to Use Your iPod to learn and Study Better

     I was amazed at all the the ways you can use an iPod for educational purposes. I had no there was so many things you could download on an iPod to use for learning. I can see where having an iPod can be so beneficial to have. You can have access to lesson plans and all kind of tools to teach students with the use of an iPod. I thought Ipods were just used to listen to music. I had no idea they could be used for so much more. This is definitely great technology that I need to get more familiar with.

          I will definitely use some of these tools for my future podcasts. I watched a video on how to make a podcast using Audacity. I will use this for future podcasts.I like how you can cut out background noise in Audacity. I will definitely use that one day! I also would like to buy an ipod and explore the many things you can do with it for educational purposes. I really liked how the 3rd graders used a podcast to learn history and would love to do that in my classroom one day.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joshua I do agree somewhat about what you are saying about podcast it will be beneficial to the class room, but to use as a daily utensil for learning I'm not sure on that. If everything we do is done on podcast and the student has mastered the technology then what will the teachers do, so yes let's use it but not to the point it takes over using the basic pencil and paper let's incorporate both. If a child is sick then yes it would be good idea to use the podcast, I guess I'm one of the ones who like learning the old fashion way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travis Allen may recruit you for the iSchool Initiative and you may end up being a podcasting teacher. All because of EDM310!

    ReplyDelete