Saturday, March 26, 2011

Summary Post C4K Comments 4-6

C4K4

     I was assigned to comment on the blog of Hueloata. He goes to the Pt England School in Auckland, NZ. He is in the sixth grade. His teacher is Mr. Ted Barks. He had a picture of two cute puppies on his blog and had a link on his page where he found the pictures. I told him that I liked the pictures of the dogs and that they were very cute. I also told him that I have two dogs and two cats of my own. Below is a picture of the the two puppies he had on his blog post. 

two puppies

    
C4K5

     I was also assigned to comment on Maree's blog. She is in the eight grade and also attends Pt England School. The name of the blog I commented on was Room 22's Favorite food. She was using google docs to make a line graph to show what the classes favorite food was. She had been studying statistics in her math class. I left a comment for her telling her that it was great that she was using google docs already. I told her that I had been using google docs for the first time in my EDM 310 class and that she was way ahead of me.I asked what her favorite food was also. Here is the line graph that she made. 

line graph

C4K6

     I also commented on a video made by 12 and 13 year olds from Melville Intermediate School in New Zealand. They have an elective class one day a week where they can decide what they would like to do. They chose to follow a recipe and cook. They did a good job of cooking and recording their adventure. I left a comment on their blog post and asked them if they were able to eat the food they cooked. I told them that 
I wish I would have been able to choose an elective when I attended school. I think it is so cool they they have the option one day a week to decide what they want to learn. They seemed to be having so much fun cooking and it gave them a break from being stuck in the classroom all day long. Here is the video if you would like to watch.





Kennedy Options - Cooking from myles webb on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment