Saturday, April 23, 2011

Blog Assignment # 13

Alabama Learning Exchange photo
     ALEX stands for the Alabama Learning Exchange and is a great resource for teachers and students to use. I had heard of ALEX before but did not realize what a valuable tool this is for teachers. It has a lot of helpful information that teachers can find instantly online. It has many great lesson plans that you can use. One thing I really liked was the web links which you could find useful and interesting web pages outside of Alex that are related to education. You can also sign up for an Alex account and login to ALEX Personal Workplace. Here you can create a personal workplace for storing and submitting lesson plans.
     I am sure I will be using this great website in the near future when I start teaching and probably some before. It will for sure be in my personal learning network. Today, teachers have so much help and resources they can find on the internet. I think that teachers need to take advantage of sites like ALEX. I think teachers in the past before their was internet would love to have something like ALEX to use. We are very fortunate to be living in times where we have so much knowledge at our disposal.

ACCESS
     ACCESS is another website created by the Alabama Department Of Education on November 1st, 2004. It is available to all Alabama public school systems. It helps students who may be struggling in a particular area by providing web courses. It also provides teachers with additional multimedia and tools to enhance instruction. It also allows to students to study something more in depth with advanced classes.It is a great website that provides an equal opportunity  for every Alabama high school student through 21st century technology.(ACCESS website) http://accessdl.state.al.us/Overview.html

1 comment:

  1. I really think these two websites are wonderful tools for teachers! I have already added this to my PLN!

    ReplyDelete