Friday, April 29, 2011

Comments For Teachers # 4

Ricky Trione
     I was assigned to comment on Dr. Baggett's blog. The first post I commented on was titled "Leading by Example and a Pointer Finger: Enriching our Lives through the Arts and Technology (high and low)". This post is about Ricky Trione and how he overcomes his disability to achieve his goals in life. He is blind but still paints and uses both technology and his fingers to show people how to paint. I commented and told Dr. Baggett that it was wonderful that Mr. Trione was achieving such great things despite being blind. I also pointed out that it would be easy for someone with a disability to never try to do something that others said was impossible. I also said that he was an inspiration to many people.

      The second post I commented on was on her post about lbiyinka Alao. He is Nigeria's Ambassador of Art. He visited the University of South Alabama and showed his paintings on African life. I commented and said "Hi Dr. Bagget, I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class. I enjoyed all the pictures you posted of lbyinka's art. His work is beautiful to look at. I have a friend that is from Lagos, Nigeria."

No comments:

Post a Comment